Startups and established companies both require a solid legal foundation and a good team.
We are experienced with the ongoing needs of startups and entrepreneurs and can build your strong legal framework so you can focus on running your business and staying lean.
We handle all aspects of the startup process, including:
- Determining the best type of entity to form for your specific purposes
- Incorporation and/or LLC formation
- By-laws, operating agreements, shareholder agreements, investor subscription agreements and partnership agreements
- Non-disclosure, non-compete, non-solicit, non-circumvention and employment agreements
- Early stage “seed” and “angel” investments
- Venture capital (VC) financing
- Navigation of the complex federal and state securities laws
- Private placement memoranda and offering documents
- Raising capital through promissory notes, convertible notes, private placements and Regulation D transactions
- Branding and trademark counseling
- Intellectual property licensing
- Terms of Service, Privacy Policies and Internet compliance
- Contracts of all types, including buy/sell, vendor agreements, IP licenses, employment agreements, independent contractor (work for hire) agreements and co-packing agreements.
- Helping you pivot and reach a successful exit